Our contact details
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics such as name, phone number, email address, banking details, date of birth, sex, ID document, and house district.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- If you are a donor: for us to accept donations.
- If you are a supporter: so we can send you updates and information about the foundation and its programmes/projects .
- If you are a beneficiary: for us to enrol you in our programmes/projects, for us to monitor and evaluate the programmes/projects, for us to to obtain your consent to participate in programme/project activities.
- If you are an employee/intern/contractor/ volunteer /trustee: for us to keep a record of information needed for your position with us .
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- We receive your information if you make a donation for the African Impact Foundation through the Fundraise Up platform .
We use the information that you have given us in order to
- Keep you updated on the programme/project you donated for.
- Process your donations or other payments, to claim Gift Aid on your donations and verify any financial transactions.
- Update you with important administrative messages about your donation, an event or services or goods you have requested.
- Follow the recommendations of the official regulator of charities, the Charity Commission, which requires us to identify and verify the identity of supporters who make major gifts so we can assess any risks associated with accepting their donations.
- Keep a record of your relationship with us.
- Where you volunteer with us, to administer the volunteering arrangement.
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases
we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can
do this by contacting email@example.com .
- We have a legal obligation.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored.
We will not use personal information that you provide to us in a manner inconsistent with the purposes for which you provided it to us. We will not sell, rent or lease your personal information. We will only keep your personal information for as long as is necessary, which may be to fulfil statutory obligations (for example, the collection of Gift Aid). We will destroy, delete or anonymise your personal information as soon as there is no longer any legitimate reason for us to retain it.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com .
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: +44 303 123 1113
ICO website: https://ico.org.uk